Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Make-Your-Own Books Part 1

I have really enjoyed taking photos and trying to improve my photography skills the last few years.  I couldn't think of a better way to combine reading and photography, as to create my own little books for Beansprout.  There are a ton of different photo book publishers out there and if you pay attention you can get some really good deals, too!
Summer Vacation 2011 Book

Summer Vacation 2011 Book

Summer Vacation 2011 Book

This is the first book I created for Beansprout.  I took our vacation photos and put them into a book with simple words to describe what Beansprout did on his adventures.  It was definitely a big hit in our home!  Beansprout gets to see pictures of himself and re-live all the fun we had at the Sunshine Coast last summer.  I used MyPublisher, which makes it very easy to upload photos and they have a lot of great templates.  This book a softback, which I was concerned about at first, but it is still in pretty good shape almost a year later.  I will post more ideas over the weekend for creating your own books and stories for your children.

Would you take your family photos and make a story?  Any publishers you especially love?

No comments:

Post a Comment