Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Month in Photos - January 2012


January favorites
"Driving" at KinderCafe
Shoveling with Dad.
Enjoying a bit of sun with Mom.
Art class!
Hiding in the fridge.
Building our first snowman!
Practicing sledding on our new zipfy!
Splashing in the rain with new pirate boots.


A few years ago, before I started this blog, I kept a basic blog for family members to highlight our monthly happenings as a new family of three.  I typically wrote a little blurb to explain what Beansprout was up to and how we were enjoying parenthood so much.  When I saw Rebecca Cooper's Month in Photos link-up, I knew it was the perfect way to get back to that simple way of recording what our family has been up to each month.  I'm trying to plan ahead this year and edit the pictures for our family photo book each month instead of putting it off and never getting to it.  I envision this monthly collage as either the intro to each section of our yearly book or as a "Year in Review" section.  I'm also thinking a monthly look at my instagrams will be a nice way to capture even more of our favorite moments.  I don't have Photoshop, so I wasn't able to take advantage of Rebecca's generous template, and since I'm still mourning the fact that Picnik will shut down in April, I've decided to try my collages in Picasa.  This makes the layout a little more basic, but still produces a nice product.

Have I mentioned that I`m thrilled that January is over?  Phew.  More on that later . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment