Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February Photo Challenge: Week 1

I was so happy to see February 1st roll around!  I hate to wish away any days, but I have to admit that I seriously struggle with January.  I think the combination of a lull after the holiday season and the cold absence of light leave me feeling less than my best.  Since moving to Beautiful British Columbia, February is the light at the end of the tunnel.  I also find that having something to focus my mind on helps tremendously!  Besides preparing a few things for Valentine's Day this year, I'm thrilled to be a part of the February Photo Challenge on Facebook.  My friend posted that she was participating, and I knew it was the perfect remedy for my winter blues.  Here's the first week along with a photo describing each day's challenge.  I decided doing the photos with instagram was the surest way to make sure I captured a photo everyday!

Week One
Day 1: Self portrait 
Day 2: View from your window
Day 3: Passion
Day 4: Something you ate
Day 5: Words
Day 6: Looking up
Day 7: Friendship

I have especially enjoyed seeing the way others in the group interpret and document the prompts.  Hope you enjoy my interpretations - I'm looking forward to sharing again next week!

Do any of you struggle with winter?  How do you keep your spirits up?

No comments:

Post a Comment