Friday, December 30, 2011

Half-finished Projects

Advent Calendar 2011
Sometimes I just can't follow through.  I have many half-finished projects to attest to this fact.  Though it's much more fun to write about and feature the stuff that I do accomplish, it's definitely more realistic to let you in on (at least a few) of the things that don't get done.  I mentioned here in late November that I was using Pinterest to inspire my Advent Calendar for Beansprout this year.  It looks great!  I used old socks of Beansprout's and filled in with a few socks bought at thrift shops, the dollar store, and Superstore.  I printed pictures to represent  the activities we would do each day, cut small pieces of scrapbook paper, added a number sticker, and stuck them into each of the 24 socks.

Counting Down 2011


Little Stocking All in a Row
Oh, how I had big ideas!  I thought I'd take a picture of each activity we did and feature them weekly to show all that we'd been up to in December.  Big ideas.  The truth is, we probably only did 3/4 of the activities and somehow the recording and posting of the activities dwindled out of sight.  I guess it's a lesson learned?  I now realize that a mixture of small gifts and activities would probably suit us better.  Luckily, Beansprout is really just too young to actually grasp the concept of counting down everyday, and so this year the Advent Calendar was more for me.  I also realize that prioritizing "me" time is difficult.  When things get busy and hectic, photographing and blogging are the to-dos that get cut.  To look on the bright side, I guess I have some built-in resolutions for the New Year!

Thanks for reading!  I love your comments and would love to hear how do you handle finding "me" time.  Also, are you able to balance the big ideas with realistic follow-through?  Share your secrets!


Wishing you love and joy as you ring in the new year!  All the best in 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment