Monday, October 31, 2011

31 Days of Play! Halloween Fun!

Owlie
I hope you have all had a Happy Halloween!  Having a little one around makes Halloween so enjoyable again!  I find my play is in the preparation of things -- like at Christmas time, I really have fun with all that goes into making the big day special.  The last time I remember making a big deal about Halloween was in college when my best friend would create prize-winning costumes for the parties she attended.  Needless to say, I've had a blast this year!  Creating Cupcake Party Kits to send home to my nephews, working on Beansprout's costume with my mother-in-law, carving pumpkins, and even just perusing all of the fantastic Halloween ideas on the internet have made it a great month of play for me.

Getting ready for the big night!


I have to admit I'm focusing on my play, because at this point we're just sort of laying the groundwork for Beansprout, helping him get the hang of it.  Though we've been reading books about Halloween and its traditions to bridge the gap, he's not quite at the fully embracing point.  We had to coax him away from his trains to get him to go door-to-door this evening.  Of course, he had a blast at his Halloween parties -- he enjoyed getting special treats, we wondered together what other costumes we'd see, and he loved his costume so much that he wore his hat all day!  I realize even the days where he will be the one so excited for trick o' treating will be far too few, so I am holding these moments dear and not wishing the time away.


I have had a wonderful month reflecting on play.  If you've missed any of my other posts, I hope you'll check them out here! Huge thanks to The Nester for inspiring me to try this challenge!  I also want to send a big thank you to everyone who has made comments, whether on the blog, on Facebook, or in person, your encouragement has really impacted me this month.  I may just have to try another themed month as I continue to get the knack for this!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing your 31 days of play! Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete