Saturday, May 7, 2011

A tulip tip!

I have the feeling it's somewhat late to be celebrating tulips at the beginning of May, but I think the colder spring we've had has delayed the bloom this year.  Aren't tulips just perfect!?!  They have such an elegant simplicity, I think.  As I watched a vase-full of mine start to droop recently, I remembered the coolest tip I learned from my friend, Lorraine!  Lorraine loves to pass this tip along -- I think it makes her feel connected to her friend, who passed it on to her.  It got me thinking today how I love that something as simple as a little tip or a song or a even a commercial on TV can give us a sense of connection with people who may or may not be in our lives today.  So whenever I place tulips in the vase now, I take a moment to put a pin hole through the stem about 1/2 an inch down from the top.  And, I think of Lorraine J.    I should also mention that it will even work for stems that have already started to droop - I would say it takes about 5 hours or so to come back to life, so be patient!  Give it a try!  You'll be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment