Monday, May 30, 2011

Balance


I love watching Beansprout practice his balance and build his core strength.  Isn't it amazing how natural it is for little ones to develop this just from their everyday exploration.  Of course as adults we realize that balance means much more than just being able to walk along the plank at the park or hold our yoga poses without falling . . . balance is about having the musts and the wants in life keep the scale from tipping too far one way or the other.  I have always struggled with this life/work balance -there are so many things I want to do, yet so many things I should do that don't even get done.  And since becoming a mom, the struggled has multiplied two-fold!  I find myself creating longer and longer "I would love to . . ." lists in my head as I help Beansprout get to sleep at nap time or in the evening, but I'm left squeezing it all in from 9-11pm.  I marvel at the super moms who truly do it all and I wonder how they function on what I assume must be SO little sleep!?!  For now I just keep chipping away at the list little by little and usually choose a nap over getting more done :)  What's your approach???    

No comments:

Post a Comment